If you’re looking for a powerful riding lawn mower premium high- quality engine in a riding lawn mower Ariens IKON-X 52 gives you a bang for the buck and is the go-to option for you. Its engine comes from a reputable vehicle and engine manufacturing company “Kawasaki” with a whopping 23 hp of power.
It has a large 52-inch deck with three strong blades. Having 13 cutting height options with a precision of one-fourth of an inch from 1.5 inches to 4.5 inches it offers a great amount of precision in cutting. The height can be easily interchanged and adjusted with a foot-lift lever.
Features of Ariens IKON-X 52:
The Ariens IKON-X 52 has a 23 horsepower Kawasaki FR series engine. The deck features a rotating metal screen which keeps the debris out. The lubrication system of this mower is optimized for a full-pressure system that also accompanies a full-flow filter.
Ariens IKON-X 52 is designed specially to withstand the dirtiest of the conditions. It is made sturdy and has the strongest materials. The 3-inch fully tubular frame with welded joints offers more strength and firmness which also gives it a towing capacity of up to 300 pounds. It offers a 52-inch mowing width with its big deck so mowing time can also be reduced my more area covered over less amount of time. It has a fuel capacity of 2.8 Gal.
Apart from its tough design features the mower offers a good comfort level too. It offers a plush high-back seat featuring seat springs for a comfortable sitting position with armrests. The springs make it easy to go around uneven land and steep hills without hurting the comfort of the operator. The seat gives great support and also provides comfort and the armrests have 3 adjustable settings for getting it to suit your sitting position.
The Ariens IKON-X 52 lawnmower gives other features too which are mentioned below:
- The deck encompasses strong blades that can spin up to 17000 feet per second that is in par with heavy-duty commercial lawnmowers. This also helps with the clean cutting and prevents the blades to bog down on a tough or wet batch.
- Its strong build of deck and blades also helps it cut cleanly even when going in the reverse direction. Other mowers in its competition lack this ability and may end up bending the blade or stopping because of that.
- Changing deck height can be as easy as moving a dial on the mower.
- The mower can move at up to 7 miles per hour in the forward direction and 3 miles per hour in the reverse direction.
- The deck on this riding mower is made of strong 11-gauge steel and is fully fabricated.
Pros and Cons of Ariens IKON-X 52:
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Ariens IKON-X 52.
- A Kawasaki 23hp engine that is a very good quality engine for the motors.
- The mower is strongly made with 11 gauge steel deck and welded 3-inch thick fully tubular frame which can take a beating and still work just as fine.
- The mower has a 52-inch large deck which is the largest in its category saves time of grass leveling with its wide track.
- The drive system has 10cc pumps which are cooled by fans on both the driving wheels.
- Hydrostatic Drive System for the wheels of the mower.
- The starting system is key-start by a 12- volt battery.
- The mower does not come with a headlight but you have to buy an LED light separately. So the mower cannot be used in a low light condition if you don’t pay the extra buck and buy the lights separately.
- It has small wheels that slip a little and do not seem as sturdy as the upgradeable ones from the XL version.
- The mower requires service regularly. The Bolts require tightening and the engine needs to be serviced. People have reported of bolts and nuts loosening after some 20-25 hours.
Alternatives to the Ariens IKON-X 52
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Verdict on the Ariens IKON-X 52:
The Ariens IKON-X 52 with its 23hp Kawasaki Engine, heavy-duty frame, and a big sturdy 52-inch deck is a residential mower that gives you the best cutting experience. It is widely recommended for its durability and clean cutting as of some 6k-8k dollar riding lawn mowers. It’s the best zero-turn riding lawn mower in its range and gives you premium comfort with a professional level of cutting at your home.
Interested in getting more information about riding lawn mowers, usage and maintenance tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the best Riding Lawn Mowers mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!