Cub Cadet ZT1 is one of the best zero turn mowers in the market. It has a powerful 23hp Kawasaki engine that can provide a great amount of torque for the blades to cut even the roughest and thickest of the bushes and weeds.
With a 50-inch large deck with three sharp cutting, the Cub Cadet ZT1 50 has a strong squared tubular steel frame that is welded at the joints for durability and reliability in the long run. This riding lawnmower is your perfect tool for having clean professional cuts at your residence.
Features of Cub Cadet ZT1 50:
The Cub Cadet ZT1 50 mower is made secure and sturdy. The 50-inch deck is made from fabricated steel which gives it a strong base and a stronger grip for the blades. The engine on the mower is designed to be lightweight for increasing efficiency and reducing fuel consumption. The flex of the chassis is reduced for more stability, and there is a steel bumper on the back for protecting the engine from any impact, some stone, or crashing into something.
This mower features the best cutting height range and precision with 1 to 4.5 inches of wide range with fifteen options in between for adjusting the height to exactly the height you want. The height can be easily adjusted by just a knob which is right in the range of your hand.
The lawnmower is not made with only power and strong build in mind it has a lot of comfort and safety features too. It has a fully adjustable high-back cushioned seat which is suspended by two polymer units for extra comfort even on uneven or on a slight hill.
The engine has V-twin cylinders which reduce the vibration for a smooth ride. The lap-bars are adjustable to your comfort and are fitted with leading quality overmold soft hand grips for an easy and tight grip. There is also a port into the deck from where you can put a water hose for cleaning the insides of the deck.
Additional Features of the Cub Cadet ZT1 50:
Some other specific features of the Cub Cadet ZT1 50 lawnmower that aren’t mentioned above are:
- The floor-pan is attached with a hinge design so it is easily removable for quick maintenance of the belt and the deck without wasting much time.
- The lawnmower has a big fuel capacity of 3.5 gallons. This added with its engine fuel economy gets the lawnmower to mow up to 4 acres of land in a single fill.
- Hydrostatic transmission and hydro-gear drive technology make the levers feel much sturdy and give much easier control over the movement of the lawnmower.
- The mower can go up to 7.5 miles per hour in the forward direction and 3.5 miles an hour in reverse.
- The Cub Cadet ZT1 also comes with pre-installed LED headlights that help while mowing in the darker conditions.
Pros and Cons of Cub Cadet ZT1 50:
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Cub Cadet ZT1 50.
- A very powerful engine combined with a strong and large 50-inch deck gives a professional like cutting experience.
- It has 15 levels of height adjustments within its 3.5-inch range which give it more precision and accuracy around the lawn.
- This mower has pre-installed dual LED headlights and comes with a hitch for towing stuff too.
- The mower also gives the feature of mowing in reverse which enables you to get into tricky spaces and mow and cut the grass there.
- It also provides with parking brakes in lap-bars for easier usage.
- The area under the floor-pan where the motors, belts, and the pulleys lie tends to accumulate cut grass in it and should be cleaned after a couple of hours driven to work smoothly.
- There are no cup-holders on the device which may be a problem for some.
Alternatives to the Cub Cadet ZT1 50
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Verdict on the Cub Cadet ZT1:
Cub Cadet ZT1 50 is a great zero-turn device for residential use. Powered by Kawasaki FR691 its fast-spinning blades provide you with clean cuts and its 50-inch huge deck provides a wider cut. The height adjustment options provide greater precision and make your cut look according to your requirement. If you have a large lawn or a piece of land under 4 acres there is not much you have against this lawnmower to not buy it.
Interested in getting more information about riding lawn mowers, usage and maintenance tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the best Riding Lawn Mowers mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!