Husqvarna is an American company founded more than three centuries ago, in 1689. Initially started as a weapons foundry, Husqvarna has produced different kinds of products in the last 330 years, including motorcycles, bicycles, sewing machines, and kitchen equipment.
Husqvarna has a reputation of create the strongest, most powerful lawnmowers for larger yards. Husqvarna Z242F 42 Zero Turn Mower is a recent addition in the Husqvarna Z200 series and is also the most attractive of them all.
Let’s take a look at the best features of Husqvarna Z242F that will compel to throw out your current lawn mower and buy Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn Mower today.
Features of the Husqvarna Z242F 42
- Horsepower: 19 HP
- Width of Cut: 42 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 3.5 gallons
Besides its powerful engine, impressive cutting width and large fueling tank, there are other reasons why Husqvarna Z242F deserves to be your first choice when buying a lawnmower.
- Tube Steel Frames: Husqvarna Z242F is built with rugged casters and tube steel frames that reduce the risk of the chassis bending over time, as happens with other mowers.
- Front And Rear Guard: Husqvarna Z242F has a guard on both its ends, to safeguard both the nose and the back of the mower from any impact in case of an accident.
- Fabricated Deck Specification: Like the other Husqvarna Z200 series lawn mowers, Husqvarna Z242F has a deck thickness of 10-gauge steel with added reinforcement stripes to make the mower extremely sturdy.
- Rubber Bellows: The bottom of the steering levers of Husqvarna Z242F is covered with rubber bellows installed to prevent moisture or other debris from entering or harm the control system.
- Anti-Scalp Wheel And Nose Roller: Husqvarna Z242F comes with an anti-scalp wheel and a nose roller to avoid scalping when mowing on uneven terrains.
- Cooling System: Husqvarna Z242F is built with an efficient cooling system that helps the mower to operate under optimal temperature for longer hours. This ensures the smooth functioning of the mower on hotter days.
- Rubber Isolators: The rubber isolators on Husqvarna Z242F provide a platform that isolates vibration by distancing the driver’s feet, body, and hands from the mainframe of the mower. It results in lesser fatigue while driving.
- Anti-Slip Footrest Area: The footrest area of Husqvarna Z242F features an anti-slip surface for the comfort and safety of the driver.
- Ergonomic Seats: The seat of Husqvarna Z242F provides complete support to the driver’s back. The height of the seatback is 15 inches, comfortable witch padding, and a vinyl cover. Furthermore, the seat also has a spring suspension system for extra support on rougher terrains.
- Full Pressure Lubrication: The twin-engine of Husqvarna Z242F features full pressure lubrication along with an oil filter and a pump to provide a quiet but powerful performance.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: This zero-turn mower comes with a hydrostatic transmission for longer, smooth operation. The hydrostatic transmission needs no maintenance, and provide the driver with complete control to mow any lawn effortlessly.
- ClearCut Deck Technology: Husqvarna Z242F comes with a ClearCut deck technology that combines two efficient-performing blades, top discharge, baffles for checking airflow, and broad deck design to deliver a perfect grass-cutting experience.
- Hydraulic Wheel Drive: The steering system of Husqvarna Z242F contains a hydraulic wheel drive that allows easy maneuvering. The driver can rotate the mower about its axis even in the absence of the turning radius.
- Mulching And Clipping: The grass clippings collected in the mower after mowing can be dealt with in three different ways. They can either be discharged, mulched, or bagged away. Husqvarna sells a mulching kit and a bagger attachment separately that you can buy along with the mower.
- Automatic Park-Brake System: The parking brakes of Husqvarna Z242F activate or deactivate themselves as soon as the levers move outward or inward. The automatic park-brake system provides a safer operation of the mower.
- Washout Port: The deck of Husqvarna Z242F has a washout port that you can clean easily by connecting the hose and letting the water run through by starting the engine.
- Removable Footplate: The footplate of Husqvarna Z242F is removable and provides easy access to spindle, pulleys, and deck belts.
- Zero-Turn Transmission: The zero-turn design of this mower makes it ideal for the easy maintenance of large yards with irregular shapes or plenty of trees.
- Productivity: Husqvarna Z242F is specifically designed, keeping in mind the large yards that take days to mow. The mower moves forward with the maximum speed of 6.5 mph and can mow a yard as large as 2.2 acres in just an hour.
- Zero Maintenance: The zero-turn transmission of Husqvarna Z242F ensures that you never have to spend your time or energy towards maintaining the mower.
- Warranty: Husqvarna Z242F comes with a 3-year warranty for the homeowners.
Pros and Cons of the Husqvarna Z242F
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with this zero-turn riding mower.
- Zero turn radius navigates precisely around obstacles and into tight areas
- Hydrostatic drive system delivers consistently smooth operation
- 18 HP Kawasaki engine offers quality construction and premium components
- Six deck height options
- Multiple safety features
Alternatives to the Husqvarna Z242F 42
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.[TABLE]
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
You’ll love the efficient yet precise mowing ability of the Husqvarna Z242F, made possible by its wide cutting deck and zero turn radius design. This luxurious mower combines a plush ride with potent performance and is worth every penny of its premium price tag.
With its powerful engine, zero-turn transmission, sturdy built, and productive performance, Husqvarna Z242F is one of the best zero turn lawn mowers in the market at such an affordable price.