When it comes to lawn mowers of superior quality, Husqvarna is a brand name we put our trust in. The latest addition to the Husqvarna z200 series does complete justice to the reputation of Husqvarna of providing the best.
Husqvarna z254 Zero Turn Mower is efficiently designed to attract both homeowners with larger lawns and professionals at Museums, gardens, etc., alike. This mowing machine, with its sleek, built, heavy-duty performance, and easy operating features, will transform your lawn mowing experience forever.
Its 54-inch steel cutting deck is designed to draw air from both above and below the deck, lifting the grass to deliver an incredibly precise cut every time you mow. Three anti-scalp rollers are included to prevent damage to your lawn, while bumper-mounted headlights and an automatic parking brake keep the operator safe. But the list goes on.
Let’s have a look at the features and qualities of Husqvarna z254 that makes it one of the best riding mowers you can buy in 2020.
Features of the Husqvarna Z254
- Horsepower: 26 HP
- Width of Cut: 54 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 3.5 gallons
Besides its powerful engine, impressive cutting-width, and large fueling tank, there are other reasons why Husqvarna z254 deserves to be your first choice when buying a lawnmower. Below we scratch the surface of what this riding mower has to offer.
- Cuts Grass With A High Efficiency: Husqvarna z254 is equipped with a 54 inches, 12-gauge blade, which is made of triple-reinforced steel. The sharp blade makes cutting through tough grass, underbrush, and weeds a piece of cake for the mower. The blade lasts long and is easier to clean or replace than the blades of other mowers.
- Air Induction Mowing Technology: To enhance its grass-cutting efficiency further, Husqvarna z254 is designed with the modern technology, Air Induction Mowing. It basically draws air from both the top as well as the bottom of the deck. The process lifts the grass blades and helps in providing a cleaner, sharper, and more efficient cutting.
- Ready Start: Husqvarna z254 comes with an automatic choke system to make the job easier for its user.
- V-twin Engine: The Kohler V-Twin engine of Husqvarna z254 that runs on 26 HP comes with a full pressure lubrication system with spin-on oil filter, to provide quiet operation, smooth output, and durability.
- Removable Foot Plate: Husqvarna z254 is equipped with a footplate that can be easily removed. It provides easy access to the spindles, pulleys, and deck belts. It also makes cleaning and fly adjustments more convenient.
- Welded Steel Frame: Husqvarna z254 comes with a mega-sized welded steel frame that reduces the vibration of the chassis to provide a smoother riding experience. The frame keeps all wheels of the mower on the ground to help you mow straighter.
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: The mower contains four anti-scalp wheels to prevent scalping on uneven terrain.
- Hydrostatic Transmission: Husqvarna z254 is equipped with Hydro-Gear ZT-2200 to provide robust performance with smooth acceleration. The mower contains wheel motors and fan-cooled pumps on each of its drive wheels.
- Deck Lift System: For the convenience of the user, Husqvarna z254 comes with a spring-assisted deck lift system located within an easy reach of the person driving the mower.
- Automatic Park-Brake System: The parking brakes of Husqvarna z254 are activated or deactivated as soon as the levers move outward or inward. The automatic park-brake system provides a safer operation of the mower and establishes peace in the driver’s mind.
- Zero-Turn Transmission For Professional Performance: The zero-turn design of Husqvarna z254 makes it ideal for the easy maintenance of large yards with irregular shapes or plenty of trees.
- Mulching And Clipping: The grass clippings collected in the Husqvarna z254 after mowing can be dealt with in three different ways. They can either be discharged, mulched, or bagged away. Husqvarna sells a mulching kit and a bagger attachment separately that you can buy along with the mower.
- Zero Maintenance: The zero-turn transmission of Husqvarna z254 ensures that you never have to spend your time or energy towards maintaining the mower.
- Easy Operation: Due to its ergonomic control panel and adjustable levers, Husqvarna z254 is very easy to operate.
- Stability: Husqvarna z254 is equipped with two heavy-duty rear wheels designed for smooth movement in all kinds of terrains, be it slopes or uneven land. The mower is, therefore, highly stable.
- Productivity: Husqvarna z254 is specifically designed, keeping in mind the large yards that take a lot of work. The mower moves forward with the maximum speed of 6.5 mph and can mow a yard as large as 2.8 acres in just an hour.
- Warranty: Husqvarna z254 offers no warranty for its commercial buyers due to the potential occupational hazards. However, if you are a homeowner, you will receive a 3-years warranty of the mower.
Pros and Cons of the Husqvarna Z254
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Husqvarna Z254.
- 54-inch 12-gauge steel cutting deck
- Premium 26 HP Kohler 7000 Series engine
- Maintenance-free transmission
- Zero-turn design is ideal for irregularly-shaped yards with lots of trees or bushes
- Air induction mowing technology improves grass lift for superior cutting performance
Alternatives to the Husqvarna Z254
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
With its powerful engine, sleek design, efficient performance, and high durability, Husqvarna z254 Zero Turn Mower offers all superior features at a surprisingly affordable rate.
Engineered to perform well on larger lands, the machine has a sophisticated design to provide the best results but is incredibly easy to use. If you are a professional or a homeowner with a large estate, Husqvarna z254 is undoubtedly the best choice for you in the market.