Poulan Pro is an American brand of lawnmowers that was founded as early as 1946, by the Poulan brothers in Louisiana. The company initially sold heavy-duty chainsaws and evolved with time to create sturdy, durable, and innovative lawnmowers.
The Poulan Pro Riding Mower PP19A42 is a fine specimen of a power-packed front engine mower. With its multiple cutting positions, high-performance engine, and heavy-duty stamped steel blades, the mower is perfectly capable of withstanding even the toughest mowing jobs.
Fit for both professional use as well as for maintaining the large yards of the homeowners, Poulan Pro Riding Mower is highly versatile and will make mowing a task you look forward to.
Let’s discuss the qualities and features of the Poulan Pro Riding Mower that lends it an edge over other front-engine lawnmowers.
Features of the Poulan Pro PP19A42
- Horsepower: 19 HP
- Width of Cut: 42 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 2.5 gallons
Besides its powerful engine, impressive cutting-width, and large fueling tank, there are other reasons why a Poulan Pro Riding Mower deserves to be your first choice when buying a lawnmower. Below we scratch the surface of what this riding mower has to offer.
- Runs Like A Car: Poulan Pro Riding Mower has a sleek design and operates just like a car. Its rugged automatic transmission with a foot pedal control enables you to match the speed of the mower.
- High-Performing Briggs & Stratton Engine: The engine installed in Poulan Pro Riding Mower is a powerful and dependable Briggs & Stratton engine that runs on the horsepower of 19 HP. The engine has a single-cylinder overhead-valve to provide fuel efficiency with an easy-to-service air filter.
- Dual-Blade Design: Poulan Pro Riding Mower comes with a dual-blade design that cuts grass in an even manner. Its 46 inches, steel-reinforced deck comes with a 10 year warranty. Moreover, it is a 13-gauge heavy-duty stamped deck.
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: The deck of Poulan Pro Riding Mower contains two anti-scalp front wheels to provide a cushioning between the ground and the cutting deck. It protects your turf from being scalped and ensures a longer life for your blades.
- A Wide Mowing Deck: The mowing deck of Poulan Pro Riding Mower is 42 inches wide to provide efficient cutting. The deck has a spring-assisted lift system to control the exact height of the cut.
- Multiple Cutting Positions: Poulan Pro Riding Mower has a unique feature of 6 different cutting-positions, ranging from 1.5 to 4 inches in height. The multiple cutting positions gives you the flexibility to adjust the cutting deck of your mower in a position that is best suited for the current condition of your yard. You can also choose the length of the grass you want to keep.
- Tight Turning Radius: Poulan Pro Riding Mower comes with 16 inches turning radius that allows you to mow around the trees and bushes on your lawn easily.
- Mow-in-Reverse: Poulan Pro Riding Mower offers a mow-in-reverse option. It will let you to carry out a 2-step method in order to keep the blades mowing continuously while moving in and out of reverse.
- Productivity: Poulan Pro Riding Mower is built to mow yards and lawns of larger-than-regular size easily. It moves forward with a maximum speed of 6.2 MPH and runs at 2.1 MPH in the reverse gear to efficiently mow larger areas of land in a relatively shorter time.
- Fuel Efficiency: Poulan Pro Riding Mower comes with an easy-to-fill fuel tank with a large capacity of 2.5 gallons that helps you mow the yard without worrying about refueling.
- Day-Use Headlights: As an added safety measure, Poulan Pro Riding Mower is installed with day-use headlights that you can turn on and off with a mere flip of a switch.
- Mulching: Although Poulan Pro Riding Mower comes with only standard cutting blades, Poulan Pro also sells its mulching kit that you can buy separately.
- Easy Operation: Poulan Pro Riding Mower is designed to be used by all. Its pedal-operated and automatic, and can easily be driven by anyone.
- Comfortable: Poulan Pro Riding Mower comes with an 11 inches mid-back seat made of vinyl. You can sit on it all day long without feeling tired.
- Turf Saver: Poulan Pro Riding Mower has 20 inches large rear tires with Turf Saver to provide smooth traction and comfortable ride and avoids causing any harm to your lawn.
- Warranty: Poulan Pro Riding Mower provides a 2-year warranty for all homeowners.
Pros and Cons of the Poulan Pro Riding Mower
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Poulan Pro PP19A42.
- Six cutting height options ranging from 1.5 to 4 inches
- High-performing Briggs & Stratton engine
- Mow-in-reverse feature allows for continuous mowing while changing directions
- Convenient features like headlights and onboard beverage holder
Alternatives to the Poulan Pro PP19A42
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.[TABLE]
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
With its fuel efficiency, mow-in-reverse option, and multi-cutting positions, the Poulan Pro Riding Mower PP19A42 is one of the most powerful front-engine mowers available in the market. It offers the widest range of features at a very reasonable price. If you’re finding it difficult to manage your large yard, buy this option to solve all your mowing problems today.