The Ryobi RY48ZTR100 is a zero-turn riding lawn mower consisting of 4 brushless motors for the torque. The motors are powered by a total of 100AmpereHours of rechargeable batteries. When fully charged the Lawnmower has the capacity to mow and cut up to 3 acres of land.
The mower offers a 42 inches deck with two sharp and strong blades underneath. The Zero Turn feature enables you to move around objects, flowers, pathways, and edges easily and more cleanly. The main selling point of this mower, except for its efficiency, is its clean energy, smoke-free, and very low noise due to it being fully electric powered.
Features of RYOBI RY48ZTR100:
The battery-powered brushless motors provide excellent torque and can take the mower up to 7 miles per hour. The motors produce unrelenting torque to spin the blades for cutting and for the working of the driving systems which are located on the back wheels.
The Ryobi RY48ZTR100 comes with a rugged steel frame design with a tough 42-inch deck. For more precise cutting experience, the deck can go from 1.5 to 4.5 inches of cutting heights with an easy hand lever on the left side. The electric-powered motors require a negligible amount of maintenance and service compared to a gas or fuel-powered engines in other riding lawn mowers. It does not have any pull lever to start as it is electric powered and can be started simply by moving the key.
The seat is comfortable and comes with 4 positions for adjusting the seat to adjust it according to your body comfort. The resting area for the feet is quite spacious and has an inclined edge for a more comfortable position during a long mowing routine. The lawnmower has a great battery that can be charged easily by a 120volts source or outlets at home.
Additional Features of RYOBI RY48ZTR100:
The RYOBI RY48ZTR100 riding lawn mower has some more features that might interest you:
- The mower offers two modes for cutting. A low-speed cut mode and a low-speed drive mode.
- By changing the modes we can switch between a longer drive speed and a normal torque on the blades. Or a slower drive speed but increased torque for the blades. The latter is useful for a hard and thick patch of grass which by this option can be cut in one go and doesn’t stop or stuck the blades.
- The riding lawn mower also has a sized LED headlight on the front if you want to mow the lawn in darker weather or time.
- This machine has two cup-holders and two closed and covered compartments on both sides of the mower.
- Since it is electric you can also enjoy the feature of a USB output which you can use to charge your phone or any device that uses USB as a power input.
Pros and Cons of RYOBI RY48ZTR100:
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the RYOBI RY48ZTR100.
- The fully electric working of the machine is very convenient. There is no hassle of changing and maintaining belts, spark plugs defaulting and air filters change.
- The gas and oil engine exclusion also gives a much quieter and clean experience without air and noise pollution.
- Gives a long time of running over a full charge.
- Conveniences and comforts such as cup holders and USB chargers.
- Having two modes for powerful and less powerful cutting to save battery life if extra torque is not required.
- The controls and levers feel more responsive due to electric power and spring levers.
- It is very easy to bog down when the low-speed settings are not activated.
- The two blades do not provide the same efficiency as compared to the three blades in most of the decks.
- Some users have said that when the motors that spin the blades struggled they could hear the blades rattle.
Alternatives to the RYOBI RY48ZTR100
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Verdict on the RYOBI RY48ZTR100:
The RYOBI TRY48ZTR100 riding lawn mower is not a great product for commercial usage as it being electric doesn’t apply the same torque as a gas or fuel engine does. The mower is great for homeowners who have an area of land up to three acres. It is also great for those people who keep their lawns mowed and cut most of the time. The mower does not go with tough and unruly patches as good as a gas one. But for a clean, quiet, and comfortable maintenance cutting of land up to 3 acres this device is the best choice.
Interested in getting more information about riding lawn mowers, usage and maintenance tips, and recommendations for the best product options on the market? If so, you may be interested in the best Riding Lawn Mowers mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise. Sign up below!