Troy-Bilt is a company that manufactures high-quality outdoor equipment since 1937. It’s known for making rugged and reliable yard products. Troy-Bilt products are known for their durability. Troy-Bilt has a wide range of outdoor yard equipment like mowers, tractors, snowblowers, tillers, trimmers, leaf blowers, and stow carts.
The Troy Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower is one of their most popular mowers. It offers a compact design that saves space. It is rugged and works on all types of lawns. It has a powerful engine and a classic American built that promises efficiency and durability. A budget-friendly lawn maintenance expert, the Troy Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower is a smart design that is made with the best quality parts.
Read on to find out more about Troy Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower and its brilliant features!
Features of the Troy-Bilt Pony 42X
- Horsepower: 18 HP
- Width of Cut: 42 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 1.36 gallons
With a strong build and a powerful engine, the Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has many iconic features to offer. Here are some of the features that make for a great deal in the market!
- Classic Troy-Bilt Engine: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower is powered by a strong Troy-Bilt engine. It is a robust 547CC engine that runs at a horsepower of 18 HP. The engine is front-mounted and offers great durability despite prolonged use. The engine consists of a forged steel crankshaft that makes it stronger than its competitors.
- Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has two anti-scalp deck wheels. This is a great feature that protects the turf from damage. The wheels are easy to wash and maintain.
- Smart Rear Bagger: The Troy Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower makes lawn mowing easier as it uses a rear bagger. This is used to collect grass and leaves that can be used later as compost or can be kept separately for disposal. This helps you keep your lawn clean as well as use the waste for ecological purposes.
- Tight-turning radius: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has an 18-inch turning radius. This ensures a smooth ride and helps you maneuver the mower efficiently. This helps you avoid obstacles like small bushes and trees.
- Efficient Cutting-Deck: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has a dual-blade 42-inches deck. Coupled with the anti-scalp wheels, it cuts the grass smoothly while preventing turf damage. It delivers a clean cut that is spread evenly along the entire area.
- Fuel-Capacity: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has a 1.36 (Gal) fuel tank. This supports the powerful engine and makes the mower fuel-efficient. The large fuel capacity allows you to continue mowing without having to refuel constantly.
- Precise Cutting Height Options: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has a cutting width of 42 inches. It provides five cutting height positions that make it easy to control the grass height. The cutting height offered by the Troy-Bilt riding mower is around 1.5 – 3.75 inches. The high-quality cutting deck allows you to mow your lawns with precision.
- Warranty and Affordable Pricing: The Troy Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower has efficient parts to ensure safe usage at all times. It promises a 2-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower is available in the market at an affordable price of 1,399 USD. You can even purchase it at a monthly EMI of $117/mo. This is a pocket-friendly deal for a super-efficient lawnmower with strong and durable parts.
- A machine that promises comfort: The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower is a durable machine by a brand that has had a great market presence for a very long time. The step-through frame makes it easier to get on and off. It also provides extra legroom. It has been used by clients from all parts of the country and has received great reviews.
Pros and Cons of the Troy Bilt Pony
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Troy Bilt Pony 42X.
- Tough 18 HP Troy-Bilt OHV engine
- Five cutting height options to fit your lawn’s needs
- Wide cutting deck with tight turn radius
- Step-Thru frame design with extra leg room enhances comfort
- Easy speed adjustment with 7-speed shift-on-the-go transmission
- Anti-scalp deck wheels prevent turf damage
Alternatives to the Troy-Bilt Pony 42X
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.[TABLE]
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
The Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower offers a strong and compact design. Its parts are built and tested in the United States. The cutting blades allow absolute precision while mowing lawns. The 7-speed transmission has a dash panel control. This makes the controls easily adjustable.
The mower is priced at a budget-friendly rate that makes it even more popular. It is a machine that promises efficiency, durability, and productivity at an unbelievable price. This is a machine that is extremely easy to use and allows you to attach additional tools for more precision.
Are you facing problems maintaining your yard? This machine is a great deal. If your lawn needs the best maintenance tool, don’t think twice before purchasing the Troy-Bilt Pony 42X Front Engine Mower!