Designed for medium- to large-sized residential properties, the Troy Bilt TB30 compact rear-engine riding mower features a modest 30-inch cutting deck with five height settings.
An 18-inch turning radius delivers excellent maneuverability, and the 6-speed transmission and reliable OHV engine offer impressive performance. The adjustable seat and large soft-grip steering wheel create a comfortable operator environment.
Features of the Troy Bilt TB30
- Horsepower: 12 HP
- Width of Cut: 30 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Pros and Cons of the Troy Bilt TB30
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Troy-Bilt TB30.
- Reliable 382cc, 6-speed OHV engine
- Compact size and 30-inch cutting deck are a good fit for most residential properties
- Multiple cutting height settings
- Nimble operation with tight turning radius
- Very affordable price
Alternatives to the Troy Bilt TB30
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
This budget-friendly pick is ideal for smaller jobs, and its modest size and narrow cutting deck make it easy to store in most sheds and garages.