In the brand’s second showing on our list, the Husqvarna YTH18542 is a muscular, high-performing workhorse that can stand up to big jobs and challenging conditions. A 24-horsepower Briggs & Stratton engine and pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission minimize maintenance needs, and it starts smoothly every time you turn the key.
Husqvarna’s yard tractors have never failed to offer high-class performance with explicit results, and its latest front engine mower, the Husqvarna YTH18542 is one of the best productions by Husqvarna Company. Let’s have a look at the features that make the Husqvarna YTH18542 the most viable mower option for your yard:
Features of the Husqvarna YTH18542
- Horsepower: 24 HP
- Width of Cut: 42 inches
- Fueling Capacity: 2.5 gallons
The YTH18542 is a combination of all the features that you are looking for in a mower. Apart from making this the most user-friendly model, there are a lot of additional features that will blow your mind! Below we scratch the surface of what this riding mower has to offer.
- Pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission: In Husqvarna YTH18542, speed and directions can be managed and operated through your feet via pedals that help you to keep both your hands on the steering wheel for better driving control and balance to where you want to go.
- Cutting Deck: Husqvarna YTH18542 has a 13-gauge steel cutting deck, cast-iron front axle, and sturdy chassis that increases the strength and durability on the main edge and trim side. The excellent balance and stability of the heavy cast-iron front axle that is supported by Advanced Vibration System technology keep the YTA18542 light on its feet through its 16-inch turning radius, producing an enjoyable ride.
- Adjustable height with fender-mounted cutting: Husqvarna YTH18542’s massive steel cutting deck lets you adjust the height of the grass that you wish to mow between four height settings from 1.5 inches to 4 inches.
- Higher Comfort Levels: Husqvarna YTH18542 automatically adjusts the seat and changes its height when moved forward or backward, adding to greater comfort and making it user-friendly. It has a steering wheel as well, which has an ergonomic soft-grip. It also has an easy step-through design that eases the operation.
- Reverse Operating System: The reverse operating system in Husqvarna YTH18542 lets the operator cut in reverse with an easy turn of a switch.
- Air Induction: Just like other Husqvarna riding mowers, Husqvarna YTH18542 takes advantage of air induction technology that draws clean air from top to bottom to have a clean, sharp, precise, and consistent cut.
- Cruise Control: The cruise control is a beneficial feature of Husqvarna YTH18542, especially if you are mowing on uneven terrain. It keeps the speed constant by increasing the power of the wheels, and the chances of you rolling over are almost negligible. This increases the safety levels on small hills, edges, slopes, and other obstacles. The two anti-scalp wheels also protect the turf from scalping that might damage the grass and your mower.
- Size: One of the primary reasons for the high selling rate is the size. Husqvarna machines are compact, which makes it easy to move and store anywhere.
- Increased Safety: Husqvarna YTH18542 has a safety switch under the seat, which automatically makes the machine stop if you leave the seat. This would avoid additional injuries if you were ever to meet with an accident.
- Cost-Effectiveness: You will find very few mowers at a budget of 1,500 dollars, which consists of features and quality results like that of Husqvarna.
- Comparatively Easy Maintenance: You can use the deck-wash port to rinse away mud, stray clipping, and other dirt very quickly and easily. You are also given constant reminders of your mower’s progress and its recommended maintenance schedule by the dashboard electrical hours meter, which has pre-programmed intervals.
- Warranty: Husqvarna offers a three-year warranty covering the mower. Additionally, it gives five years of coverage protecting the axle and chassis.
- Speed: Husqvarna YTH18542 speeds up to 7.4 mph going forward and up to 2 mph backward with ease without giving you a jerking experience.
Pros and Cons of the Husqvarna YTH18542
As with any riding mower, there are going to be advantages and disadvantages when compared to other product options. This option is no exception. We would be remiss if we didn’t cover this mower from all angles. Below are some of the pros and cons that we have discovered with the Husqvarna YTH18542.
- Built for comfort, with easily-accessible controls and adjustable sliding seat
- Air induction technology provides enhanced lift for a cleaner cut
- Anti-scalp wheels prevent damage to grass
- Stamped, reinforced steel cutting deck enhances strength and durability
- Comparatively small fuel tank
- Not suitable for large estates like golf courses
Alternatives to the Husqvarna YTH18542
We here at Best Riding Lawn Mowers know that one mower isn’t the end-all-be-all. As such, we want to ensure you have alternative options available. Below is a table with four alternative riding mowers that may better meet your needs.[TABLE]
Additional Riding Mower Resources
Looking for some additional resources for some of your more common mower-related questions? In the articles below, we strive to answer these questions before they become a problem.
- How to Start A Riding Lawn Mower: A Quick Guide
- How To Change Blades On Riding Mower Without Removing Deck
- Learning How to Clean A Carburetor on a Riding Lawn Mower
- How Much Does a Riding Lawn Mower Weigh?
- Learning How To Change Oil In Riding Lawn Mower
Our Final Verdict
The Husqvarna YTH18542 front engine lawn tractor is packed with premium features and impressive quality at a price tag that’s probably lower than you’d expect. It is designed with user comfort in mind, equipped with features like fender-mounted cutting height adjustment, ergonomic soft-grip steering wheel, and adjustable high-backed seat. It uses air induction technology to lift grass for a precise, consistent cut. A 13-gauge steel cutting deck, cast-iron front axle, and sturdy chassis ensure years of durability.
Combining both power and precision in one unit, this user-friendly riding mower is an investment that’s sure to last.